Seeking Legal Advice

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident you may be eligible to make a claim through the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance Scheme. For more information on who is eligible and the claims process visit –

Spinal WA is not able to recommend any lawyer in particular, but we do have a list of lawyers in Perth who have experience in the area of compensation claims for catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injury. If you would like a copy of this list please contact us. To help you decide which lawyer to use you may like to consider asking the following questions:

  • How many cases like mine (i.e. a person who has sustained severe spinal injuries) have you represented?
  • How successful have you been in getting compensation for people like me?
  • How do you work out how much compensation to ask for?
  • Do you require payment up front or will your fees be taken out of any payout?
  • Are you prepared to interview me while I am in hospital?
  • How long will the process of getting compensation take?
  • I will be discharged before my claim for compensation is completed, what if I require money to pay for my care at home, or equipment – can you arrange something in the interim?