The 140-bed purpose-built State Rehabilitation Service at Fiona Stanley Hospital in Murdoch is situated next to the main hospital. South Metropolitan Health Service rehabilitation technology service, based at Fiona Stanley Hospital, provides a tertiary and state-wide rehabilitation technology service to public patients as part of the State Rehabilitation Service.
This service is available to eligible public inpatients and outpatients. Appointments are necessary, please call 6152 2222 and ask to be directed to the relevant area. Hours of service are 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
For information on services provided at Fiona Stanley Hospital, maps and transport options please visit – http://www.fionastanley.health.wa.gov.au/
The State rehabilitation service treats people with:
- spinal cord injuries
- acquired brain injuries
- neurological conditions including stroke
- complex trauma.
The following rehabilitation technology services are provided at Fiona Stanley Hospital:
Rehabilitation engineering services:
- Patient assessment and consultancy service to clinicians
- Adaptation and provision of custom and commercially available equipment
- Temporary loan and maintenance of pressure management, seating and mobility equipment services
- Design and development of custom medical devices.
- Clinical assessment, prescription formulation and design specification for the customisation or fabrication of orthoses fitted to the head, spine, upper and lower limbs.
- Modification/adjustment and repair of orthoses
- Education in orthosis use and function to patients, families, carers, hospital medical, allied and nursing health professionals.
- Pre and post-operative assessment of the amputee patient
- Treatment of the trans-tibial residual limb (stump) post-surgery with rigid removable dressings (RRD)
- Assessment, design, fabrication, fitting, modification/adjustment of the interim prosthesis
- Education to patients, families, carers, and clinicians on prosthetic services.
Communication assistive technology services (CATS):
- Specialist assessments for speech and language requirements of patients
- Provision of customised equipment and temporary equipment loans
- Testing, repair and upgrade of adaptive equipment.
Out patients clinic appointments, phone (08) 6152 7046
Rehab Engineering Clinic (pressure management), phone (08) 615 27047
Rehabilitation Engineering (repairs), phone (08) 9224 1681 (Royal Perth Hospital)
For Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Outpatient needs, phone (08) 6152 2222
Customised equipment such as push mits and splints are available by appointment only at Fiona Stanley Hospital.
Manufactured equipment will need to be sourced through your CAEP provider.
To locate your nearest CAEP provider see here.
For details on parking for oversized vehicles at Fiona Stanley Hospital, patients and visitors should speak to the ward staff or call the Help Desk on 6152 2222.
An oversize vehicle set down is located off Fiona Wood Road. Access to the parking for oversized vehicles in car park 8 is via an intercom system at the car park’s entrance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no public access to this car park except for oversized vehicle parking.
Public ACROD parking is available in visitor car parks 1 and 5. Car park 5 has 50 ACROD bays, which are clearly marked and most are located on level two. (http://www.fsh.health.wa.gov.au/For-patients-and-visitors/Parking)
State Rehabilitation service Page – http://www.fsh.health.wa.gov.au/Our-services/Service-Directory/Rehabilitation